The information clerk cashier resume is written in a standard resume format. It begins with personal information and ends with the 'references' section. In between these two resume elements, it lays information about career objective, summarizes positive strengths relating to the job, describes the responsibilities held, specifies education, and states achievements.
All these elements in the information clerk resume is equally important, and convey required information. The employers can reach you because of your contact details mentioned at the starting of the resume. The career objective will make clear the position applied, and your goals. The summary of strengths will lay your skills parallel to the job. The work experience will help to know whether you are familiar with the type of duties you have to handle.
Now, the need is just to include all these elements in the information clerk resume. Before that, know about the resume writing tips. Next, get your hand on a standard resume format. Read it, and write your resume following that tips and format.
Here is a sample resume.
Information Clerk Cashier Resume Sample
Donald D. Cross
4677 Loving Acres Road
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Phone: (817) XXX-3758
Seeking a position of an information clerk cashier where my skills in collecting and disbursing cash within the establishment would help the organization in maintaining the record of money brought in and gone out.
Summary of Qualifications
- Five + years of experienced as an information clerk cashier
- Reliable, dependable and work with precision
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Expert in maintaining and keep records for cash collected and disbursed
- A natural ability for mathematical calculation
- Knowledge to operate electronic scanners, and other equipments
- Ability to answer questions from customers
- Skilled in developing business relationships with clients
- Familiar with stock taking and filling requisitions forms
Information Clerk Cashier
Derby Racetrack, Fort Worth, TX
2009 – Present
- Greet customers and direct them to the betting, paying windows and other facilities
- Exchange patrons' checks for cash, and inform them about the racetrack activities
- Collect money from the cash room for check encashment
- Enter the details about money collected and disbursed in the computer system
- Verify patrons' identity before exchanging checks
- Solve problems relating to ticket claims
- Validate tickets and checks under scanner to determine its validity and authenticity
- Divert disputed claims to the concerned department
- Enter customers' complaint and suggestions in respective register and hand over to the supervisor
- Accept and process payments made in debit and credit cards
- Issue credits, refunds, or receipts against payment collected
- Assist customers in solving their problems
- Maintain the working area neat and clean
- Sell and accept payment from customers for tickets and other items
Assistant Information Clerk Cashier
Derby Racetrack, Fort Worth, TX
2007 – 2009
- Assisted the information clerk in customer service
- Maintained records for tickets sold and cash collected
- Counted and tallied money in the cash drawers with the cash register at the beginning and end of the shifts
- Sorted, counted and wrapped currencies and coins
- Posted charges against customers in respective accounts
High School Diploma
St. Xavier's High School, Fort Worth, TX
This sample of an information clerk cashier resume shows related work experience from a racetrack. To work in this position, experience as a restaurant cashier is also acceptable. The employers just want to know whether you can handle cash and provide customer service to their patrons. Hence, while applying, show skills related to customer service to attract the employers in your profile.